Keeping your home clean is likely to be one of the things at the top of your list of priorities. In addition to keeping it clean, you might also want to make it look neat and beautiful, both inside and outside.
There are many things you can do to achieve this – especially on the outside. There are many lawn varieties you can choose from but you might want to have some guidelines in mind to help you in choosing one.
Your location and climatic conditions are two of the things that will determine your choice once you decide to visit a lawn farm.
- You might want to consider your surroundings, in terms of structures like that shed you just built or even trees that might create a shade where your lawn is. Lack of enough sun light tends to disrupt the growth of the grass by causing it to thin out and also, it gets prone to insects, diseases and thus does not grow as expected. You might want to go for that which is more tolerant to shade.
- You might also want to know the cultural techniques that would enable grass to grow at your location, based on the climatic conditions. One technique you might want to use is watering your lawn in the morning so that it dries by night among many others.
- You might need to make sure that there is enough light underneath by pruning the trees. You may want to plant ground covers that do well under shade instead.
- As much as enough sun light is needed, you do not want to expose the grass to too much of it since it will dry out faster if you do not water your lawn enough and will be prone to invasion by insects in addition to weeds.
- When watering your lawn, you might want to pay more attention to areas that tend to store a lot of warmth due to heat from the sun, which later radiates to your lawn and other nearby areas. Such areas include walkways, driveways and pavements. This will ensure the grass always gets enough water.
- In case your lawn is located at a place that is sloppy, you might want to ensure that it is watered frequently since the water will tend to drain away faster leaving the higher ground dry and prone to invasion by insects and weeds.
- You should check out the soil around your home to ensure that you choose a place that has favorable soil.
If you take your time and investigate more than one or two options you should have a really good idea on what you want to use and how you want to use it while landscaping your yard. Now it’s time to get to work!