Nine Nifty Home Painting Tips and Tricks
Painting your house in varying colors can make it more pleasant and attractive, and the superiority of the paint that you use can make or break the appearance of the interior (or exterior) of your home.
Folks want faultless paint quality with fine finishing for the home in order to make both the exterior and interior stand out. Furthermore, painting your house can cost you a lot of cash and thus, it is critical to make a sound decision.
9 Tips For A Better Paint Job
- Never skip primer. This not just gives you a great surface to paint on, but it draws out the true color of the paint as well.
- Always make sure that you have performed the necessary surface preparation. If you neglect this, the paint will have a hard time sticking effectively onto your wall. The surface from which you are to paint on must be in tiptop condition, clean and non-glossy.
- How many cans of paint will you use up to cover all your walls? Experts suggest a gallon of paint for every four-hundred square feet. You may need more than this when covering unprimed, rough and textured surfaces.
- Use an edger. To create clean lines along door or window frames, ceiling edges and wall corners, always make use of an edge pad.
- Watch the humidity level. If there is too much moisture present in the air, water-based paints will dry out a lot longer. As a tip, only proceed with your house painting project if it is hot and sunny outside.
- Use a scraper. In case the older paint is flaking or chipping away from your wall, purchase a paint scraper and get rid of the older loose paint first before applying new paint.
- Consider semi gloss paints for certain areas. For painting areas with high traffic, always opt for semi-gloss.
- Once a portion is beginning to dry out, leave it be. Painting all over it can cause color streaks and marks along the surface of the paint.
- Drips and drops. Always make sure that you have the floors and other big and unmovable objects inside the room that you are to paint in covered by a drip cloth. Doing this will certainly save you on a great deal of frustration and irritation.
- Remember that paint sometimes have a hard time sticking to shiny and glossy surfaces. It is highly suggested that you scrape the shiny surface with a slightly abrasive sandpaper so that the paint can effectively adhere to it.
- Use painting tape. Before you begin, tape off all the electrical outlets and light switches and remove all the wall plates.
If you follow these basic steps and take your time your painting project will turn out much better than if you just start applying the paint without any sort of preparation.
Look at Calgary stucco painters for an excellent example of a quality painting company.