Hair extensions are very popular among a lot of women these days. The human hair extensions make it possible for any woman to have long hair in an instant.
Hair extensions are being sold in numerous stores and online websites. In fact, you might even have a hair extensions kit in your home. It is very advisable that you take care of those accessories properly. This is so that you will be able to enjoy them for a very long time.
Here are the steps that you need to take if you want to wash your hair extensions:
• Soak your hair extensions in water – You should fill up a sink with lukewarm water. Never use water that is too hot or too cold. You should dissolve a good-smelling shampoo in the water and then let your hair extensions soak in it for five minutes. Make sure that every strand is submerged in water. Once five minutes is up, you can drain the water.
• Apply shampoo – After you drain the water, you will have damp hair extensions. Put shampoo on your palms and apply the shampoo on the hair. Stroke the hair carefully with your palms and avoid tangling it. After you have applied the shampoo, you can leave the hair extensions in the sink for about two to three minutes. After that, you can rinse of the shampoo using lukewarm water. While rinsing the hair extensions you should try your best to avoid tangling the strands.
• Apply conditioner – Next, you can start applying conditioner. You can apply conditioner the same way you applied the shampoo. Again, you should avoid getting the strands tangled. After conditioner has been applied to every strand, you can leave the extensions for five minutes. Let the chemicals of the conditioner be absorbed by the extensions. After five minutes, you can rinse the extensions with lukewarm water.
• Apply hair mask – If you have hair mask, you can apply it to your hair extensions as well. Extensions have to be left with masks for about ten minutes. After this, you can rinse of the mask. Again, it is advisable to use lukewarm water.
• Dry the hair extensions – You can use a soft towel to dry your extensions. After you dry it with a towel you should not use it right away. You have to let them air-dry for the night. You can start attaching them to your real hair in the morning.
Hair extensions usually last for six months or even a year. Of course, if you want to enjoy them for a very long time, you should know how to take care of them properly.